The Mendocino Coast Woodturners Guild is recognized as an official Chapter of the National Organization of the American Association of Woodturners
Dear Members of the Mendocino Woodturner’s Guild
If you missed the last meeting then you missed some major changes in the organization.
- The by-laws have been accepted and now The Mendocino Coast Woodturners Guild is recognized as an official Chapter of the National Organization of the American Association of Woodturners.
- The members present (16) also made the decision with a unanimous vote to purchase liability insurance for the chapter through AAW. ($425/year)
- To pay for the liability insurance it was also voted on and approved unanimously to charge yearly dues for each member of $20.00. This amount will help to pay for the insurance and continue to build our video library. Henry Hewitt has offered to become Membership chairman. So, when you pay your dues you can give it to Henry. Henry and Bill (secretary treasurer) will be responsible for all the money.
- Every member is encouraged to join the American Association of Woodturners. You can join on-line by going to https://aaw.site-ym.com/general/register_member_type.asp It is only a requirement that the officers be members and in good standing with AAW to maintain our Chapter membership.
- There may be some limitation of participation in all day turning events, if you are not a member of AAW, as it will hinge on liability insurance coverage for the turners and participants.
Should you have any questions, contact Russ or Lee.!